Saturday, August 16, 2008

Baby Quilt... Finished!

So this project started as a UFO... originally intended to be a baby boy quilt for commission, but it was in process when hubby was injured during deployment, and never got finished (customer understood, no biggie!)... now I was in need of a baby girl quilt for a friend who is expecting... what to do? Repurpose!!! A stack of light green bowtie blocks became this...

The only batting I have on hand is poly... which I'm not a huge fan of, but it's here, so I'll use it. I'm not fond of the fluffiness (and this is the lowest loft poly I could find), because, in this case especially, it seems like some of the fabric pattern is lost. Ah well- it's not one I'm keeping anyway!

I do think, though, that it turned out nice and girly enough... sort of cottage garden-y... but definately for a little girl with the pink!


And, in efforts to use stash and keep my (or hubby's, whatever :P ) money, I used the same fabs for a pieced backing... I don't really do pieced backings, but figured that a small baby quilt was the best place to start. Oh, and the binding is pieced... the strips came from the excess backing that I cut off... man, I rock!

1 comments:

Robyn said...

I love it!!!
It is cottagey and your quilting is wonderful!!
Rob xx

There was an error in this gadget