Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A finish!


Yup, I pretty much only quilted and raked leaves today!



But, the layer cake baby quilt is done! And only using 14 layer cake squares and approximately 2 half yards of the sashing and border fabric!
I stuck with very simple, very FAST quilting! Squiggly lines all the way across, then turned the quilt and did it in the other direction... so in the end I have a wiggly grid all over the quilt. I like how the curves soften up the squares in this one... yay!




4 comments:

RG said...

Oh gorgeous Tara!!
Love the colours and your design!!
Rob xx

Robyn said...

I love this quilt! I was following your tutorial, but I would love to know the dimensions for the little orange colored squares. I am a very beginner so anything to help would be great! You do fantastic work!

TaraJ said...

The orange corner squares were cut 2" square, so are 1 1/2" finished... the sashing was cut 2" by 8"... hope that helps!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Beautiful! I love the bright colors.